Just so the public may know, I am on the way to recovering my equilibrium. In my latest trip to and from my beloved tropical jungle home to visit my tribe and procure neccessities for my cave near the Shoe Factory, I did manage to lug the following down from the mountains:
- a bagful of books, mostly of the spy thriller variety cooked up by Mr. Ludlum
- a guide to being a tightwad, The Tightwad Gazette II
- an old issue of Vogue
- four dictionaries: regular English, mispronounced and misused words, American slang, and Oxford’s dictionary on euphemisms. Why four? Honestly, I don’t know
- a batik painting from my beloved uncle Zio
- a table cloth
- clothes hangers
- masking tape
- scarves. For what is a world without scarves?
- empty chocolate tin cans for my sugar and coffee.
The sight of familiar things really did wonders to my flagging sanity. I found out that I can again smile upon waking up.
Things are shaping up rather nicely.
I shall be using my spare time to blog and practice Haitian voodoo.
[Note to self: Bring sewing kit next time around.]